I have many years of experience as a Trainer, Facilitator, Instructor, Keynote Speaker and Moderator.
I have developed an Aboriginal Training Series that include the following topics:
- Working with Aboriginal Families
- Suicide Prevention
- Supporting Families with Special Needs
- Autism Awareness
- Basic Counselling Skills
- Trauma Informed Practice
- Family Violence
I have taught in Bachelor of Social Work Programs that have included courses on Mental Health, Addictions. Policies, First Nations Issues, Social Work Practice and more.
I like to utilize a participatory style of teaching that engages the participants in a safe and respectful environment.
I’ve had the honour of working with the following organizations and communities to develop training curriculum, facilitate workshops, moderate and/or organize conferences.
- Lower Nicola Band School
- Nzen’man Child & Family Development Centre Society
- Aboriginal Success by Six
- Journeys into Tomorrow Transition House
- Kelowna Friendship Centre Society
- N’Quat’qua First Nation
- Lower Stat’imc Tribal Council
- Nicola Tribal Association – Health & Wellness Project
- Douglas First Nation
- HELP Conference
- Okanagan Indian Band
- Upper Nicola Band
- Nakazdli Maternal Child Health Program
- C. First Nations Head Start On-Reserve Program
- Manitoba Head Start On-Reserve Program
- Ontario Head Start On-Reserve Program
- N’Kwala School
- Ministry for Children & Families, Thompson Rivers University
- Sc’wexmx Child & Family Services
- Nicola Tribal Association